Monday, August 28, 2006

What do you mean you don't know A Flock of Seagulls was a band?


Home with a sick first grader today. Day eight of an eleven day single-parent adventure with Ms Thisislarry being in Bangalore for work.

A colleage forwarded this great list of things to know about the mindset of incoming college freshman, published by Beloit College. So, that's what's it's like to be born in 1988. Zowie, that was a year after I was a college freshman myself.

Already, I'm not getting at least 20% of it. Scary. When Beloit comes out with the mindset of those born in 2000, I hope I'm at least one for five.....

5 comments:

honglien123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

let me get this straight, they VOLUNTARILY eat/ate things called, "boogers"?!

WE'RE DOOMED... DOOOMED, I TELL YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

a friend of mine and i were having a coffee on campus the other day while tours were going on . . . we both felt like mamzilla: WE'RE DOOMED!

(*actually, the sentiment was: "ooo, they don't look promising do they?")

Newbie Dad said...

Geez! Kidz have it so eazy now! Why back in my day we ate REAL BOOGERS and we liked it! ;)

thisislarry said...

I just heard this list mentioned on NPR this morning. They did an interview with a real live Beloit College freshman. Kids these days....