Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Soccer Dad: Cast Away



The cast came off today and I am STOKED. (For those just catching up, I broke/dislocated/seriously effed up my ankle six weeks ago in a pickup game). It's still swole and tight. I can put some weight on it but am a few weeks from casually jumping out of bed and attending to baby's needs in the middle of the night. I'm walking on it with the assistant device pictured above: the wonderful Frankenstein-ian walking boot. It's removable so I can sleep and also take a SHOWER. I got home from the doctor and took a long one. The smoke detector went off, it was so long and hot. It cracked the Top 3 Best Showers of All Time. I sloughed off a gang of dead foot skin and just enjoyed the warmth (I spent six weeks feebly showering myself sitting down with a handheld Shower Massage). Maybe I should make a trip to the Korean spa for some more intense scrubbing.

So it looks good that I'll fulfill my hope to take Maceo trick-or-treating 'round the neighborhood. He went to daycare dressed up as a Punk Rock Boy. Super kawai, I'll post a pic in a few. Let the healing begin!

SD

1 comment:

Puka said...

Glad you got your cast removed. Hope the rest of your recovery is speedy.