Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Soccer Dad: Things I Miss


You never know how much you appreciate something until it gets taken away. Like...

Taking a long hot shower
Restful sleep
Driving and singing in the car
Picking up Maceo and putting him to bed
Keeping him out of danger
Trader Joe's and Costco runs
Walking the dog
Muscle tone
Playing soccer
Taking Maceo to the grocery store in his push car
Cooking
Stealth trips to Popeye's
Changing diapers (really!)

Three weeks to go! Check out the 10 day old incision. The same day, I got fitted for a regulation walking cast. I can put some weight on it but I ain't trying to rush it. I go in next week for another round of x-rays and a new cast. If all goes well, I could well accompany Miggity Mace on Halloween candy foraging.

(This post is dedicated to wifey, who works full time, teaches two classes and has taken the brunt of childcare chores during my gimpy lifestyle choice)

SD

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i can just hear your fellow trick or treaters now, "um, that scar is TOTALLY fake. i can tell. but, i know where you can get better ones. that one's ok, but the place i go - they're like SO real. they're just GROSS! don't buy those fake ones at the dollar store next year."

of course the parents answering the door will say, "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS KIND AND GOOD, COVER THAT THING UP WILL YOU!? YOU'RE SCARING THE CHILDREN! AND WHAT KIND OF TWISTED PARENT DRESSES UP LIKE THE DISABLED ON HALLOWEEN!?"

will someone save me? i have halloweenitis.