Monday, July 31, 2006

Our Bundle of Goofiness, er I Mean Joy (Video)

For those of you who saw my previous video posting of my wife and I lipsyncing to the Backstreet Boys, you would probably agree that we can be pretty goofy. It's not always fun and games as we can get into some pretty heated arguments and screaming matches. But we do try to inject our lives with as much love and goofiness whenever possible. That goofiness of course, extends to our baby boy as well. Now, we do get our fair share of melt-downs and tantrums. He was actually very colicky for a while which even prompted me to write a four-part blog (Karma and the Colicky Baby) as a therapeutic measure of sorts. But when he's having fun and being goofy, he definitely does his papa proud. So we made another music video spoof last month, this time starring Baby Aidan and his sidekick Newbie Dad. It's to the song "Pump It" by the Black Eyed Peas. As a sidenote, one of the members of the group is also Filipino/African-American and occasionally raps in Tagalog. So let me present to you "Pump It! – Baby Aidan Remix"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Newbiedad, you're a total headcase. That said, congrats on an amusing video. As an aside, when going out me and the boy rock a Baby Bjorn that's on loan from his Ninang and I'm sorry, I have to say this, but DAMN, they aren't flattering to my slightly porcine, I mean, portly figure. You'd think they'd make these things at least somewhat slimming for dads, eh? Not that I'm saying anything about your figure. Because, that wouldn't be cool.

Anonymous said...

That has got to be the best thing I've seen all week...OH MY LORD! how did you dance that long without getting a major cramp in your side?? Haha I'm amazed...(PS I found your blog through my other TRA friend's blogs~dont be freaked!)

spain dad said...

goofy? yes.

Susan said...

That has got to be the funniest thing ever. Newbie, you are hilarious! But you are also a great dad.

Lunasea said...

I just keep thinking how much your back must hurt. Great special effects and a very cute front man - all the necessary things for a hit music video.