Pardon the "first time" flashback experience with everything pent up and coming out all at once. But on a lighter note, here are ten least appetizing nuggets that I always seems to glean right before dinner break during our childbirth classes. Enjoy!
10. Vernix - the cheesy white stuff that coats new borns like stucco
9. a used up placenta
8. the board used to type down junior for circumcision, ranked slightly above the turtleneck effect of being uncircumcised
7. the rectal thermometer on our registery
6. the bulb-y thing used for baby snot
5. the big needle used to inject into the spinal fluid for an epideral
4. the idea that my wife may also expell her bowels as she pushed
3. raw, sore, bleeding and nearly bitten-off nipples from an improper "latch"
2. Watching a C-Section on video (skin, then tissue, then uterus)
1. Episiotomy (the words cutting and tearing should just not be placed anywhere near vagina)