Monday, February 12, 2007

Book Review Contest: The Story of Ferdinand


Title: The Story of Ferdinand
Author: Munro Leaf
Illustrator: Robert Lawson
Reviewer: Naomi Shapiro

I always loved this story about the bull who didn't like to fight, preferring to smell the flowers and lounge in the shade. Seems entirely reasonable to me! My daughter turns three next month and she loves it, too.


You have until February 23 to enter our Blogaversary Children's Book Review Contest to win some great new books. Click here for details and send your submissions to daddyinastrangeland@mac.com.

2 comments:

honglien123 said...

Oh I loved Ferdinand as a kid...not the book, but the Disney cartoon. Heck, I didn't even remember that it was a book! I'm going to buy it. Yet another example of how my money and I like to part ways.

Unknown said...

I'd never seen this book until it came as part of our homeschooling materials. My daughter and I both really enjoyed this story.