Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm on the cover of Red Envelope's Father's Day Catalog...


...okay, so not really. [But if The Pumpkin's anything like MetroDad's Peanut, maybe she'll think it's me. Heh. Probably not—but hey, as long as she doesn't think I'm Rob Schneider we're fine.]

But anyway, yeah, I got the Father's Day catalog from expensive-gift-company Red Envelope in the mail yesterday, and smack me upside the head if the the cover model isn't a hapa-ish Asian American dad playing with his three hapa-ish children (the pic from the website cuts the third kid out of the frame). The rest of the catalog, which is always reliably diverse in its choice of models, features an array of multiculti dads-and-children images. And yeah, I know, it's just a catalog and they're just trying to sell me stuff I don't need, but it's still nice to see that dude on the cover.

5 comments:

kim said...

I got that catalog yesterday too! Even though I always toss it in the trash, I took a few extra minutes to look at all of the pretty hapa models first. :)

Anonymous said...

i got my catalog recently, too. i was just about to e-mail my friend who's the senior software engineer at r.e. about it. kudos, i say!

Anonymous said...

Sad state of affairs when this is worthy of pointing out and cheering.

Trixie said...

While we have never purchased anything from them - we like the catalog! Love the Rod Sn. comment :)

Anonymous said...

From a Dad to another Dad…will you please cover the EQUAL Parenting Bike Trek? Parenting time and child custody are issues that many dads must face after a divorce. This is an incredible story and Bloggers like Protein Wisdom and Glenn Sacks have cover this story. We need your help in covering this to keep the momentum going strong. So please please please Blog this story even if it is a brief plug.



http://daddy.typepad.com/daddyblog/2007/04/robert_and_rob_.html



Thank you for your help. I will repay in kind sometime very soon. Please let me know if you intend on covering this or not.

Respectfully,

Robert Pedersen

http://www.daddy.typepad.com (DaddyBlogger.com)